BACK TO SCHOOL TIPS AND LINKS
Appropriate for the classroom
Jump to PRINTABLES/LINKS
TEN TIPS FOR KIDS
1. Wear your running shoes daily. If you really want to wear boots, Mary Janes, or other non-running shoes, then pack your running shoes in your backpack.
2. Bring a healthy snack to school. Eliminate the junk food while you are young. It will help your eating habits as you get older.
3. If you are a child who can't sit still in school, talk to your parents and see if one of them will take you for an early morning run before school. If this works to help you focus in school, please let us know at KidsRunning.Com.
4. Pack an extra pair of socks in your backpack to change to after recess in case your socks get wet.
5. Play at recess. Don't bring a book to read outside on your break. Remember you are sitting all day in school. You need your exercise. Make sure that you do plenty of running or walking at this time.
6. Wear easy care clothing to school. You should feel comfortable playing in your clothes and remember it's easy to clean clothing by throwing it in the washing machine. Save the fancy, can't-get-dirty, clothing for very special occasions.
7. As it gets cooler, wear light layers. You'll be more comfortable, adjusting your layers than you will with a single T-shirt and one heavy jacket.
8. Suggest to your teacher, that you get to play a running game as a reward for good behavior. Maybe you can design a tag game and present it to him/her.
9. If your teacher will allow it, keep a water bottle on your desk and sip when you are doing your seat work. Be helpful and take it home every day. Wash it and bring it back to school already filled.
10. Oh, yes! Try your hardest on your school work. Ask and answer questions. Enjoy your year of school.
LINKS TO PRINTABLES & ACTIVITIES APPROPRIATE FOR THE CLASSROOM
NAME TAGS, HOMEWORK/BEHAVIOR BLANKS, AND CARDS
Mini Seasons | Log-a-Mile | Rainbow Cave Butterflies | Do your best! | Homework/Behavior Blanks | Bus Cards
Run&Journal | Journal lines with picture space | Diary Day Blank | Rules Blank | Fall Running Journal/Story Starters | Winter Running Journal/Story Starters
RUN THE SEASONS PROGRAM
Run the Seasons Contents | One Page Hundred Chart | Chart with Nos., Days 1 - 50 | Chart with Nos., Days 51 - 100
Log-a-Mile Contents | Build-a-Sentence Example | Build-a-Sentence Blank | Log-a-Mile, 25 Mile Chart. | All Log-a-Mile Charts
Creative Writing Page | Dream Big Story Contest | Fall Running Journal/Story Starters | Winter Running Journal/Story Starters
RAINBOW CAVE PROGRAM/FIRST GRADE, KINDERGARTEN AND PRESCHOOL
Rainbow Cave Contents | One Mile Color Word Chart, small spaces | 1/4 Mile Butterfly Chart, large spaces | 1/2 Mile Star Chart, large spaces | 3/4 Mile Flower Chart, large spaces | 1 Mile Rainbow Chart, large spaces | Rainbow Story example
RUN TO READ AND WRITE
Run to Read and Write Contents
SCHOOL RUNNING PROGRAMS
How to: Starting a School Running Program, Part 1 | How to: Starting a School Running Program, Part 2 | Run, Spot, Run! Family Classroom Fun Run | Recess Lap Program | 'A' for Effort, John Brant
Rabbits and Hounds | Spelling Tag | Butterfly Tag | Jello Tag | Scrambled Eggs | Sprint, Tempo, Jog! | Turtle Run
COLUMNS AND WRITINGS FOR TEACHERS
Teacher's Desk: Stay fit and healthy | Healthy Snack |Healthy Snack Scrapbooking | Pete Saccone's Page
Kid Safe Guest Book
Check back! More to come.