Roll Like a Pumpkin|
When you have running club on a holiday, playing a holiday-themed game is a must and that is why the Happy Feet Kids were rolling like pumpkins on Halloween!
- Carol Goodrow
ROLL LIKE A PUMPKIN
Halloween Running Game
- 7 clipboards to hold kid-made station signs
- copies of the zig-zag book printable
- a paper punch
1. Make station signs to match sections of zig-zag book.
Station 1: Roll like a pumpkin
Station 2: Prowl like a cat.
Station 3: Spook like a ghost.
Station 4: Swoop like a bat.
Station 5: Fly like a witch, wearing a big black hat. (Break this one up into 2 parts.)
Station 6: Walk like a ghoul or scamper like a rat.
2. Put signs at various place on running route.
3. Print the Halloween Zig-Zag book printable and make copies for each child.
Free Halloween Printable
1. Kids jog station-to-station and play-act as they go around the course.
2. Later kids return to classroom and make zig-zag books. OR if you don't have an academic component at club, send the zig-zag printables along with the kids to make at home.
Prowl like a cat!
Did you like this activity? If so, there are more zig-zag books available here:
Look for "Little Reading Books" to find more Zig-Zag books.
On KidsRunning.Com we love games, as do our visitors! So for a limited time, we are offering a FREE Runner's World tee to anyone who sends us a running game that we print. We are looking for originality, creativity, or a unique twist on a tried-and-true game.
Create a new running game.
If we print it, you get a tee.
Send kids' art work with it? Use this art permission form.
Send to: email@example.com
Make sure to include your mailing address and T-shirt size. (Colors may vary and all sizes may not be available. We'll do our best!) Questions? Email us.
Rubber chicken graphic from Kids Running: Have Fun, Get Faster & Go Farther, 2008.