At Your School
Jumping Jacks by Tyler
Is it too icy to run outside? Then have your "running day" in the halls of your school. It's simple.
- Warm up with "Simon Says".
- Speed walk down a hall.
-Step lightly and quickly down the stairs.
-Speed walk down another hall.
- Stop to read pertinent bulletin boards.
- Find an open area for some jumping jacks and push-ups.
- Skip down a hall which doesn't have much traffic.
- Find another open area for a little easy jogging.
- Play a little more "Simon Says".
- Walk the halls a little longer.
Spring up the steps.
- Stop for a drink of water.
- Return to your room to journal write.
Print and make KR running journals.
Then find a way to take your kids running (or walking) on a regular basis.
Just click on the journal cover above.
Print on vellum.
Add writing paper.
Bind with plastic spirals.
Print our word list or make your own appropriate to the level of your children.
We run and journal on Fridays. Kids keep track of their exercise and healthy eating in their Happy Feet books every day. How about you?
When the lesson comes to an end, eat a healthy snack and get out your Happy Feet, Healthy Food Books and fill in a log entry.